Zytronic have recently released new firmware for their ZXY100 single-touch controller. You can manually update your existing firmware to the latest version 501.36 by following this guideline.
New features and improvements:
1) Auto-detect of non-encrypted/encrypted sensor
2) Added protocol commands to:
a. Manage “flipped sensors”
b. Get StatusValues (for remote diagnostics)
c. Disable flash writing (useful when changing a lot of configuration settings in a short time)
d. Define a Touch Active Area
e. Define OnBoard calibration of touch packets
f. Adjust edge sensitivity
3) USB serial number is set to unique CPU ID
4) Removed support for Pressure-Tracking
5) Removed support for protocol commands that activate “Low power modes”
1) Device Mode is no longer changed to Dual-Touch when reset on Windows 7 / Windows 8 system
2) Backward compatibility with ZYS files from older firmware versions
Zytronic released firmware update 501.36 for ZXY100 single-touch controllers in 2015, but most new controllers still come with previous firmware version.
Resolution / Action
Open ZyConfig tool and check what is the firmware version of the controller at the bottom.
If it is lower than 501.36 then please proceed to Step 3.
Go to the Firmware Update tab in the ZyConfig tool and browse for the zyf file of Step 3.
Once the firmware update is ready you should see the FW number updated to 501.36.
Re-run the “Basic Setup” and “Calibrate” steps of the ZyConfig Install Wizard.
For additional technical assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.