Choosing a printer for self-service terminals can difficult with so many options available, it can be difficult to know which one is the right fit for your needs. The EP802-TMP and EP802-TM printers are two popular models that offer a range of features and benefits. Here are some key points to consider when choosing between these two printers:
- Application: Your application will determine the type of printer you need. The EP802-TMP and EP802-TM printers are suitable for Betting Terminals, Kiosks, Self Service Terminals, and more. They are designed to meet the technical requirements needed to perform reliably.
- Budget: Cost is always a key consideration when choosing a printer. The EP802-TMP and EP802-TM printers are competitively priced and offer good value for money.
- Quality: Clean printing with no bleeding is essential, even with poor paper quality. Both printers offer the option to control the print head energy level with simple tools, ensuring a top-quality print every time.
- Power Supply: Ensure the application power supply meets the printer power requirements. If not, we can supply the power supply you need with the printer.
- Paper roll size: The media size is an important consideration, and the printer should meet the requirement of the application brief. A printer that offers options for paper width usage is key to flexibility, offering a “one size fits all” approach.
- Communication choice: Most terminals will use a USB connection, and the EP802-TMP and EP802-TM printers come with both USB and RS232/Serial connections included as standard.
- Size of printer: The space available within the terminal dictates the size of the printer, but the paper roll size also plays a part. Consider both the printer size and the paper roll size to ensure they fit comfortably within the terminal.
- Jam-resistant: No one wants a paper jam, especially during a sports event where timing and receipt of bets are critical to the customer. The EP802-TMP offers a presenter, ensuring the print and cut before offering the customer the ticket. The EP802-TM has the Smart Bezel function, which performs in a similar fashion. If the player accidentally blocks the bezel, the paper feed stops and once released, continues with the printing. If the player pulls the ticket before completion, the paper feed stops, cuts the ticket, then continues to print the remaining details until complete.
- Easy maintenance: The TMP and TM printers are easy to maintain, with easy access to the inside areas requiring no tools to complete the task. Moving and cutting paper produces a lot of paper dust, and being able to access and clean this is important to ensure the maximum longevity of component parts.
- Parts supply: Spare parts are also key to the longer life of a printer. The TMP and TM printers come with a complete parts list of all components, with the ability to purchase any one single component with no minimum order quantity.
- Integration support: Offering all integration tools along with continued technical support during this phase helps fast track and ensures the developers they are not alone.
- Post-sales support: Both printers are well-served in this area from our technical services and engineering departments. Like all peripheral devices, printers may require repair, maintenance, or even new functions or services at some point in their lifetime.
In conclusion, choosing the right printer for your self-service terminal can seem like a daunting task, but considering the key factors such as application, budget, quality, power supply, paper roll size, communication choice, printer size, jam resistance, easy maintenance, parts supply, integration support, and post-sales support will help you make an informed decision. The EP802-TMP and EP802-TM printers are both competitive options with their own unique features, such as the TMP’s presenter function and the TM’s Smart Bezel function. With easy access to spare parts and technical support, both printers can provide reliable and efficient printing for your self-service terminal. Keep these factors in mind and choose a printer that meets your specific requirements, ensuring that your customers receive a seamless and enjoyable experience every time they interact with your terminal.